Friday, November 18, 2011

Phase 1 Complete!!!

Well, I haven't been in touch lately. And for that, I apologize. A lot has been going on (not that this is unusual for 2011) First of all, I come to you from a recliner, where I have made a home this past week. I am having some health challenges with my lower back. They are not new challenges, but they are back in a more fierce way than ever before. I am thankful that I met my insurance deductible early this year and because of that, I was okay with getting an MRI and whatever other tests they wanted to give me. After 3 times of my back "going out" in the past 3 years, I figured it was time to find out what was going on. It looks as if there are 2 discs that are not doing so well in my lower lumbar. This is not an old age thing, not an active injury thing - this is an injury you find in people like me - who sit for a living. That's what I do. The most active part of me is my arms and hands. That's about it. :) The better my career has gone, the worse I've let my health go. So, it's on me really. I am finally sick and fed up with. Something about knowing that 35 is around the corner... wow, that's just too old to not try to get all of this fixed up NOW. So please stand with me in faith that I am HEALED (1 Peter 2:24), God will fix all my wounds (Jeremiah 30:2) and I will be like new in no time!!!

Now, how about some praise reports?!!! :)

Today, I had my kind neighbor Jen drive me to run some errands today. My back was hurting, but I had a very important thing on my calendar for today and I was not going to miss it. I needed to go to the bank. I had a couple deposits to make and one big withdrawal - as scheduled. I took out $1100 in cash and put it in an envelope and paid off our last final "small" debt. Between medical bills and credit lines and little "past dues" here and there... all our "small" debts were equal to a rather large debt. Tonight marked the last one!!! In the past 4 months, we have paid off $8200 in debt!!!! WOO-HOO!!!! AND we had another $8500 in debt cancelled for us!!!! I wrote a couple blogs ago about our credit card settlement that took off $3000 and the state-wide student loan thing that removed $2500 off my student loan balance. Then a couple weeks later, Dustin's grandma wanted to do something for us with some of the money pop left her and so she paid of Dustin's student loan!!! So, that is $16,700 of debt GONE in just 4 months!!!!

As you read this, I beg of you THREE things:


  1. Don't get caught up in the numbers: If you don't have a lot of debt and it seems crazy to you that we have so much, try not to judge. We all make mistakes in different ways. I'm just so glad we have LEARNED from them! :)
  2. Don't get caught up in the numbers: If you have a debt that you feel like you will never pay off and you see that we did that much in just 4 months... Don't be disappointed. God will do it for you too!!! I used to be YOU! I was YOU! I was watching friends with big breakthroughs and amazing stories of faith and debt cancellations. And I couldn't understand it. What was I doing wrong?! It's not that you are doing anything wrong! In my case... I had not yet fully learned to trust God (thus the reason I kept falling back on credit to get me out of pinches) LISTEN TO ME: If God can do it for us, HE WILL DO IT FOR YOU!!! You have to be open to His miracles!!! I am SO thankful that He is doing all these cool things behind the scenes for us because He is reminding me that it's not just me. It's not just because of this corporate job. It's not just because of my talents. It's not just because of Dustin's job. GOD is doing exceedingly above what we can do!!! Which brings me to #3...
  3. NOW - LOOK AT THE NUMBERS!!! We paid off $8200, BUT GOD took care of $8500!!! HE BEAT US!!! :) We did our best and He did better!!! Proof that God will meet and exceed you! It reminds me of parents who tell their kids "I'll match whatever you save for your car" We have done our part in learning our lessons and applying them to our lives (see my 3-step plan HERE) and God has more than matched us!!! HOW AWESOME is that!!!
So now the Reschs enter into "Phase 2" & "Phase 3". We are now paying off our 2 remaining personal credit cards. That is Phase 3 (but we are sowing into it now). Phase 2 is to save the rest of our first 1/2 of a down payment for our house!!! That's right!!! HOW EXCITING! Now we are in a phase where we get to save for a long-awaited dream!!! WOO-HOO! As we continue on Phase 2 & Phase 3, believe with us for more amazing testimonies. We are living a life that we wish to one day bless others with!!! 

I couldn't wait to share with you! If I were able to do it, I'd do a happy dance and post it. Honestly, I'm doing a half-way one in my recliner right now. I can't help it! What is more exciting than paying off debt?!! Oh... perhaps buying a house!!! I'll have to let you know! God is AMAZING! It still doesn't make sense to me, which is why I have to continue to trust Him. Looking at the numbers, we are way ahead of where we SHOULD be. But that's why we stand in faith!

Love to you all! Thanks for your prayers! Will post a praise report on my back very soon!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment