Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First day of school... :)

I've seen so many people posting photos of their kiddos on their first day of school. My hubby (resembling that of a proud parent) had to take a photo of me yesterday on my first day in corporate America. His confidence in me propelled me out of the house and in to that first big day.


As you might know, I have decided to take a 30 day hiatus from Facebook so that I can focus on this transition period. So... this is my way of catching you up! :)

  1. I got dressed up! Thanks to everyone who has given me gift cards over the past year! I was saving them for losing weight, but I'm glad I hadn't lost it yet, because they sure did come in handy this past weekend! :)
  2. I met a lot of people. I need a flow chart... seriously. Because a lot of people don't work in the Nashville (franklin) office. And so it was confusing what Sherry in New Jersey does versus Diane who sits across from me. A majority of the marketing team is out of office, because my company is just transitioning it's headquarters to here from New Jersey.
  3. I did a lot of walking... in less-than-comfortable high heels. My boss's office is on the other end of the floor (while the CEO is just a yell from me... yikes! ;)) So I walked back and forth to my boss's (Tom) office a lot. And walked the building touring it. And walked to lunch... Lots of walking. My feet hurt last night. :)
  4. I heard lots of language I do not understand. It's the medical world and I am not familiar. Praise God so many people I'm so close to ARE familiar with this world. Makes me feel better knowing that it just takes time to understand it all. So many acronyms were thrown out. It's like people are speaking a secret language. Seriously, yesterday I really thought it sounded like an NFL quarterback reading plays to his team. If you have never heard this, you should check it out. (perhaps on an episode of John Gruden's QB camp) Anywho, hopefully I'll learn the language quickly! :)
  5. I had a great lunch with a very handsome man! :) My hubby! :) It was so fun spending more time with him yesterday. It's like when we worked together without the stress of working together. ;) We get the fun drivetime together. He is a morning person and I am not. So his sweet, cheeriness helps me choose joy. And I saw him on lunch and one break. I got to see his cubicle and he got to see mine. It was sweet. I know it seems strange that we don't get sick of each other.... but we don't. And we won't (in Jesus' Name haha) We aren't perfect, but we have learned how to adjust to each other by now. (we ran our business out of our home together for 18 months, so this is better...
So now that you know what I did DO, here is what I did NOT DO... graphic design. :) haha My computer systems have not arrived so I am working on my home laptop (netbook) just to have email access (not powerful enough to run graphics programs). I am pleased to say that they ordered everything on my "wish list"! Without question. Pretty exciting! It is all expected to be here Wednesday and hopefully put in by Thursday! I also have high hopes for decorating my little space. But, in the meantime, my desk is a little bare...


I also talked to several people who had been with the company during the acquisition (they were with the former company that my company bought). They have given our new CEO much praise and said it's a great environment with exciting things on the horizon. They said I'm coming in at a wonderful time. So - I am excited at what God has in store! Just need a computer! :)

SIDE NOTES: When I got home last night, I worked on both my businesses and then proceeded with one very important task on my to-do list: I finally purchased our cruise tickets!!! WOO-HOO!!! In 4 weeks, I'll be on a beach in Mexico!! Hot guy by my side, sand in my toes!!! WOOT! :) 

All of this (and my whole blog) is a HUGE praise to God for all His faithfulness! If you knew where we've been the past several years, you can truly appreciate the things that are happening for us now. 

I'll be in touch again soon with more personal encouragement on your financial journey!! Thank you all so much for your love, support and prayers during this time of transition! Love you all so much!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment