Well, I worked from home last Thursday, Friday and yesterday (Monday). I was waiting for my work computer to come in. I got the call yesterday that it had arrived. And I came in today to find my two beautiful monitors perched on my desk, and a box full of supplies from Staples. I had my own bag full of goodies to contribute to the area. As a reminder, here is my desk last week...
I got here at 6am because Dustin is finishing his work schedule on the phones before he starts his new (promoted!) position in 2 weeks. Until then, we come in at 6. There's something wrong about leaving the house when it's still dark. ;) But I will say it was nice having such quiet the first couple hours of the day. :) I had Joyce playing while I set up everything. And I even got prayer time in as I set up. I prayed over my desk and area.
So... here is my new space.Check out the dual monitors. They are identical to my fancy one at home! But they are TWINS! :D I always dreamed of having two monitors!!
And to my LEFT... PHOTOS! :) I have frames: The black one was $2 at Staples. I found the other 2 in a 3-pack in our office last week. (the third is for "Baby" - no room for it here yet! ;)). It took me a minute to realize where they came from. My birth mom gave them to me 2 Christmases ago. I had put it behind something and forgot it. How cool God is to gift me with that now. So special. AND the photos on the "wall" - I used a variety of Relish papers and put photos on them - add some color! :) I have photos of my love, my sweet "kids" and even one of some of the best friends and women I know! :)
To the RIGHT... well, not a lot. Although there will be a large dry erase calendar hanging in that empty wall space once someone hangs it. :)
But I really wanted a colorful frame for my desk. I actually wanted aqua or purple. I walked into Joann's the other night and this frame jumped out at me! It was on sale for $8.99 (from $17). Still... kind of more than I normally spend, but it was just what I was looking for! I got a big surprise at the register - it was marked down to just $3.49!!! :) WOOT! I also raided our supplies closet here (it's amazing - you get to go shopping as much and as often as you like and it's FREE!!!) - I found a desk organizer in the closet identical to the one I have at home (which I love). There was only one and I scooped it up. It may sound silly, but it's things like that which make me feel like God is smiling down on me, you know?! The "little" things that God says "I'll even provide you with the wonderful details!"
It took me so long to learn how to trust God for even the little. If you are reading this and thinking "I can't even pay my bills right now, no less buy a $3.50 frame" - I HAVE BEEN THERE!!! It has been a LONG road to get us moving in the right direction. I was talking to a good friend yesterday who said he is trying not to "hate the wait". I told him I understand that all too well. God has been good to us. Our church and good ministry has taught us well. But, more than anything - the past 7 years have taught us how to live on AND APPRECIATE the little. AND how to be patient to get where you are going. The thing about creative brains is you can so quickly paint the whole picture in your mind. That is a good thing - to have vision. But we often paint it and then WANT IT! RIGHT NOW! And well... if it always worked like that - it would be a disaster! I know that may not seem right, but it's true.
Joyce Meyer always talks about how if she had not learned how to believe for $5, she wouldn't know how to now believe for the millions it takes for her ministry to run. Think about it - the bigger your dream, the more "on the job training" you will need. I told my friend yesterday about how a couple years ago I tried to pressure the Relish board members in to voting for a software development that would have put the company in more debt. I thought it was the thing that would change it all. I really believed "This is it! If we do this, IT will be our breakthrough. It will be the thing that changes it all!" I thought that several times over the past few years - when a big client promised big things... "This is going to be IT!" Finally (and I do mean FINALLY - after many years) God showed me clearly... HE is the big thing that is going to change it all! HE IS! The point from my Relish story - Praise God for an amazing board - they voted against me. It broke my heart at the time because we couldn't pay our bills and I wanted something to happen. Since then, I have found many flaws in Relish's foundation - from our stock, our pricing to our production. It has been with GRADUAL growth we have been able to learn these lessons. If we would have taken in 20 orders in a week, we would have fallen hard because of all the flaws. NOW - we are sealing and re-shaping and forming an amazing foundation for a house that will built on solid ground - instead of a mansion thrown up in a day. :)
It's hard to see those lessons until you are past them. But I PROMISE YOU - God has great things - GREAT things in store for YOU! HE is the one thing that is going to change it all for you!!! In the meantime, don't quit!!! Speak those scriptures every day. Get up, get dressed, act sharp - BE the picture of success that God has called you to be! Paint the part of the picture you have control over. But allow God to invoke wisdom that we do not yet have. Allow him to impart on us our job training. Allow Him to prep us for the dreams we have. Allow HIM to BE THE CHANGE!!!
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment